Photography & Sciences
Saturday 12th octobre
Théâtre de la Cité1 rue Pierre Bodis – Toulouse www.theatre-cite.com
PRESENTATION OF THE EDITION 2019
8:30 > 10:00 am
REVEIL CREATIF : Opening of the colloquium with the patron 2019 Sylvestre Maurice, an astrophysician at the institut de recherche en astrophysique et planétologie (IRAP, CNRS/UT3 – Paul Sabatier/CNES), astronomer at the Midi-Pyrénées observatory, and planetologist, specialist in the exploration of the solar system
10:00 > 10:15 am
Opening speeches by Francis Grass, Deputy Mayor in charge of the Coordination of Cultural Policies of the City of Toulouse and Philippe Guionie, Director of the Résidence 1+2.
10:15 > 11:00 am
Screening of the 2019 creation film of the Résidence 1+2 (26’). Filmmaker : Citizen JiF
Screening followed by a discussion with the director and Franck Lubet, in charge of programming at the Cinémathèque de Toulouse.
11:00 am >12:00 pm
Round-table discussion moderated by Andreina De Bei, deputy editor-in-chief, photo director of the magazine “Sciences et Avenir”.
- Matthieu Gafsou, winner of the Résidence 1+2, 2019,
- Jean-louis Hemptinne, director of the Evolution et diversité biologique laboratory (EDB CNRS / Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier / ENSFEA),
- Maxime Bello, PhD student in sociology (Sophiapol / U. Paris-Nanterre – Thesis : surviving modernity in times of ecological crisis.
12h00 > 12h30
12:00 >12:30 pm
Signing the box set (3 books, published by Editions Filigranes – texts by Fabier Ribéry), by 2019 photographers Matthieu Gafsou, Matilda Holloway and Manon Lanjouère with Patrick Le Bescont, director of Editions Filigranes.
SCIENCE & EMERGNG PHOTOGRAPHY
14:00 >16:00 pm
Round-table moderated by Eric Karsenty, editor in chief of Fisheye magazine.
Associeted guest programme : CIRCULATION(S) FESTIVAL. Festival of young European photography. Carte blanche given for a screening of young photographers who have been exhibited at the festival and whose work is related to science. Presentation by Emmanuelle Halkin, member of the artistic direction of the festival.
- Sylvestre Maurice, patron 2019,
- Matilda Holloway, winner of the residence 1+2, 2019,
- Cécile Marcelot, CNRS research engineer, Centre d’élaboration de matériaux et d’études structurales (CEMES – CNRS),
- Manon Lanjouère, winner of the Résidence 1+2, 2019,
- Laurent Joly, teacher, Head of the Aerodynamics, Energy and Propulsion Department of ISAE-SUPAERO.
QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE
FACTORY & OFF-SITE PROGRAMMES 2019
16:00 >17:00 pm
Presentation of the programme by Philippe Guionie.
Moderation: Dominique Roux, teacher, critic and historian of the photography and Jean-François Haït, independent scientific journalist.
- Adrien Basse-Cathalinat, winner of the Résidence 1+2 Factory 2019,
- Mathieu Orth, curator – Nature En Occitanie, Confluence Garonne-Ariège,
- Cloé Harent, winner of the Résidence 1+2 Factory 2019,
- Sabine Monties, operations Manager, Toulouse Francazal Airport, EDEIS
- Fatoumata Tioye Coulibaly, winner of the Résidence 1°2 Factory 2019,
- Lydie Gaches, deputy mayor in charge of culture and communication (Castelnau d’Estrétefonds).
QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE
PRESENTATION OF THE EDITION 2020 & CLOSING CEREMONY
17:00 >17:30 pm
Presentation of the patron 2020 by Sylvestre Maurice, patron 2019.
Screening of INA television archives, presented by Hélène Bettembourg, regional gelegate,
INA Pyrenees delegation, Toulouse
Presentation of the renowned photographer renown 2020, Emeric Lhuisset by Matthieu Gafsou, renowned photographer 2019 and Philippe Guionie.
ENDING OF THE COLLOQUIUM