Created at the end of 2015, the Résidence 1+2 aims to bring people together, those people a priori who had no chance to dialogue with one another. Halfway between creation and sharing of knowledge, it combines photography with science, produces, enhances, and promotes a “photographie d’auteur” closely linked with an exceptional scientific heritage present in Toulouse, Haute-Garonne, Occitanie.
The photographers in residence are fully part of this multidisciplinary dynamic, exploring new creative spaces. They provide us with their subjectivity on multiple and renewed sensitive surfaces – photographs, misappropriations of images, fictions, drawings, writings, installations – in assumed rereading of reality. Their research is supported by institutions and scientists from metropolitan, departmental, and regional territory. The Résidence 1+2 wishes to create, in a collaborative and participatory spirit, the appropriate conditions to produce sensitive content. Their research is supported by institutions and scientists from metropolitan, departmental, and regional territory.
In Toulouse, artists, and scientists share thoughts and resources, compose unprecedented knowledge in a kind of a factory of possibilities. At a time when boundaries are crumbling between all disciplines, bringing together artists and scientists in the same project, it is way to invite them to join their forces, boost new transversalities, renew creative forms to get a better understanding and face the modern world issues. It is also calling to mind every citizen and building with them new reflections for new practices.
Director of Résidence 1+2
Do you wish to support the Résidence 1+2 ?
It does not matter if you are a private individiual or a company, you are able to help our residency program.
Sponsorship, material assistance, human resources, your help would be a significant help !
Supporting our residency program is also being invited to Résidence 1+2’s events : opening week, colloqium and exhibitions !
Go ahead and open the dialogue by writing to us at : email@example.com
ENVIRONMENTAL AND CITIZEN’S CHARTER
1) INTEGRATING THE ENVIRONMENTAL DIMENSION INTO OUR PROGRAMMES
Identifying and considering our environmental impact of all our activities.
2 )Involving all our employees in global reflection and action for the environment and sustainable development.
– Reducing carbon dioxide emissions (save water and energy, reduce and sort waste)
– Implementing eco-responsible communication (limited and targeted paper support, dematerialisation of communication as much as possible)
– Reducing our consumption by reusing our office supplies and saving on consumables
– Promoting teleworking and video conferencing
– Reducing polluting transport by choosing public transport (Tisséo partnership in Toulouse, press tips by train) and carpooling.
– Grouping our events together to limit travel during our inaugural week
– Choosing short supply circuits during our events
3) CHOOSING ENVIRONMENTLLY FRIENDLY PARTNERS
Collaborating with labelled actors committed to the defence of the environment (Imprim’Vert label; PEFC and FSC label; Ecogîte label)
– Escourbiac printing company (annual set)
– Delort printing (communication supports)
– Hahnemühle company (photo exhibition papers)
– Fedrigoni company (annual set papers)
– Laboratoire Photon (exhibitions prints)
– Chaumarty Ecogîte 1+2 (hosting photographers in residence)
4 )CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND ACTIVITY OF THE TERRITORIES
– Developing transversal synergies to promote territorial vitality and diversity and active solidarities
– Building new models of relationships and value creation with other cultural actors in the territories
– Mobilising the complementary skills and savoir-faire of cultural structures in order to pool resources
5 ) DEFENDING THE VALUES OF A CARING SOCIETY
– Promoting the place of women in our programmers, making easier their hosting in residence
– Struggling against stereotypes and sexism, building together an inclusive society
– Making easier the representation of diversity in our programmes, strengthen international exchanges
– Developing image education in schools and universities
– Transmitting our experience and savoir-faire to young people in the process of becoming professionals
– Diversifying the audiences for our events
– Supporting the winning photographers of our programmes throughout their residence